Due to the coronavirus, very few clean-up operations were arranged in our area in the first half of 2020. Now you get a new opportunity to join in clearing the coast, watercourses and rivers in Central Norway.
Keep Norway Clean invites to a national clean-up week 5 - 20 September, as a replacement for the beach clean-up week which was canceled this spring.
There are still restrictions in connection with the corona and we therefore refer to the guide for safe beach cleaning prepared by Keep Norway Clean. Read more about their recommendations for safe design of clean-up operations here.
ReMidt IKS wants to contribute to cleaner beaches in our municipalities and continues the collaboration with the other waste management companies in Central Norway and "Keep Central Norway clean". Together, we have also this year been allocated funds from the Norwegian Environment Agency to collect and treat the waste.
Do you want to clean?
Whether you want to pick up or want to deliver yourself, we ask you to do the following:
Before the action:
- Register your action in Ryddeportalen - Rydde, and link your action to ReMidt IKS when you register it.
- Read through recommendations for safe cleaning from Keep Norway clean.
- You can choose to deliver yourself to all our recycling stations or put the bags next to your own residual waste bin, then we will take them to the next emptying. Applies only to the use of yellow beach cleaning bags for the waste.
- NB! Larger items must be delivered to the recycling station directly, we can not take this with us on normal scheduled services.
- You can pick up free cleaning bags at all our recycling stations.
After the action:
- Put the bags next to your residual waste bin or deliver them yourself to one of our recycling stations. Remember to report to one of the renovators at the station that you bring beach waste, so that they can register the quantities that come in.
- BEACH CLEANING WASTE SHOULD NOT BE LAYED AWAY AT OR AT A COLLECTION POINT FOR LEISURE RENOVATION!
- Also register the quantities and other results from the action in the clearing portal - "clear"
Thank you for contributing!